Whats your first reaction when you see someone with a wrist full of bracelets? Do you instantly get annoyed because of how much noise it makes? Or are you fascinated with what each bracelet might mean?
Today I am here to open your eyes about the significance of wrist jewelry and why you SHOULD be fascinated! In the past bracelets were a sign of many things. They either represented what a person or family believed, what they needed in their current life, a right of passage, or the meaning of a social status. Intrigued yet?
Here are some interesting facts about wrist jewlwery/bracelets:
- In Egypt, Sacrab bracelets stood for rebirth or regeneration.
- In india, the number of bracelets on a woman’s wrist denotes her marital status.
- In China, the parents gift their children with a bracelet containing a jade stone representing protection and healing. This was and still is believed to even heal from any stomach and kidney diseases.
- In Bulgaria, a specific bracelet called Martis is used to protect an individual from the sun.
- In Mesopotamia, the women wore certain bracelets to show off the wealth of their husbands!
As for myself, I prefer to wear bracelets simply because I like how they look. I have never thought about the meaning of bracelets until I was introduced to the idea by a friend after he came back from a trip. This opened my eyes to the many possibilities of the meanings of bracelets!
Please feel free to shop for bracelets from the website below. The jewelry featured on this website is not only stylish but meaningful. Jewelry ranges from necklaces to bracelets to earrings! Enjoy!
Make sure to use the code: IAMDANAQ20 for 20% off!